• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Treated Badly And False Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennifer1980

What is the name of your state? wisconsin
i was pulled over in a suburbs for my registeration being suspended. i had found this out the day before when i recieved a letter about an unpaid parking ticket. i gave the officer my license and about 10 minutes later another cop pulls up and the cop comes back to my car and snatches my car door open and says "get out the car" i said "why?" he started yelling get out the car, get out the car your under arrest. by this time i am mad and scared at the same time. he snatches me out the car by my arm throws me up against the car he has both of my hands in one of his. i am only 110lbs. he's bending my arms, steady throwing me into the car,holding my wrists very very tight, telling me he is going to spray me. he puts the cuffs on extra tight.i keep yelling what is going on. he tells me my license is suspended. i said for what? i had no clue it was. i have never never recieved one letter from the dmv or anyone else about my license being suspended. he takes me to the station finger prints me takes mug shots gives me 2 tickets totaling $500 and tells me my car has been towed and that i had to pay $50 to get it out. he told me that i can go show my license and pay and drive off with my car. so if i can go get my car and drive it why did i go through all the crap they put me through that day.i was never read the so called "rights" i feel this is wrong.there is more to this if someone is interested. someone please help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jennifer1980 said:
What is the name of your state? wisconsin

there is more to this if someone is interested.

=================================

My response:

No, not really interested. In fact, no interest at all.

But, hey - - thanks for writing.

IAAL

J

jennifer1980

IF U ARE INTERESTED. I DO NOT NEED TO READ REPLY'S SAYING YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED. GROW UP

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jennifer1980 said:
IF U ARE INTERESTED. I DO NOT NEED TO READ REPLY'S SAYING YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED. GROW UP

My response:

I knew that would get you. I wanted to see if you were as emotional as I thought you might be. And, guess what?
I was right.

That's what got you thrown into the slammer, and booked. You were screaming and fighting with the cops. You didn't know when to keep your big, fat mouth shut.

So, you got what you deserved.

IAAL

M

Manemann37

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I knew that would get you. I wanted to see if you were as emotional as I thought you might be. And, guess what?
I was right.

That's what got you thrown into the slammer, and booked. You were screaming and fighting with the cops. You didn't know when to keep your big, fat mouth shut.

So, you got what you deserved.

IAAL
So you would rather have conformity over constitutional rights?

She deserves to be assaulted, kidnapped, and harrassed over simple traffic, and/or citations?
If you are a lawyer I hope I never have you as defence, although I doubt you are! You seem to be an arrogant loser that strives on cutting people down because you haven't got a clue as to legal advice! Thus your pathetic disclaimer! Save the space and just state that your a loser w/o a clue that just likes to shoot his mouth off to get the most post, and a "senior member" status under your pathetic name!!!

What a joke you are!!!

Hiel comrade!!
Dean

J

jennifer1980

I'M ALWAYS...

GET A LIFE. IF ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS NEGATIVE THINGS KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. I DID NOT STATE THAT I WANTED ADVICE FROM SOME LONELY MAN BEHIND HIS COMPUTER WITH NO LIFE. GROW UP. I ASKED FOR ADVICE NOT B.S FROM SOME LONLY GUY.

D

DogToenails

From the post, it doesn't sound like she was treated that way for a 'simple traffic ticket' (how you think not paying fines, driving while suspended, and expired tags is simple is another story), but rather it sounds like she was treated like that because she wasn't being cooperative. Why would a cop pull you out of your car if you were complying with his prior request to get out? He wouldn't. She refused and decided to get lippy. Why would he ever threaten to spray her if she wasn't resisting? He wouldn't. She was resisting. Sounds like she's lucky she didn't get charged with that stuff. Damn, let him cuff you then ask questions politely.

stephenk

"i was pulled over in a suburbs for my registeration being suspended. i had found this out the day before when i recieved a letter about an unpaid parking ticket."

So you did know you were driving with a suspended license. your registration doesnt get suspended, your license gets suspended.

" he tells me my license is suspended. i said for what? i had no clue it was. i have never never recieved one letter from the dmv or anyone else about my license being suspended."

You lied to the cop and you lied to us.

the police do not have to provide you with Miranda rights notification if they are not interrogating you and intending to use your statements in court.

J

jennifer1980

LOOK. LET ME TELL ALL OF YOU SMART A*** I DID NOT GET LIPPY WITH THE PRICK. MY REGISTERATION WAS SUSPENDED FOR A PARKING TICKET I RECIEVED AT AN OLD ADDRESS. I NEVER HAD THE TICKET SO I DID NOT KNOW I HAD IT. MY LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED BECAUSE MY INSURANCE COMPANY MADE A MISTAKE WITH MY PAYMENTS. I HAVE TO HAVE A CERTAIN KIND OF INSURANCE FOR 2 YEARS. I DID NOT KNOW MY LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED THE COP WAS YELLING AT ME AND TREATING ME LIKE **** FOR NO REASON. I GOT OUT OF THE CAR WHEN HE ASKED. I SIMPLY ASKED THE LITTLE FUC*ER TO TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON. I HAVE THAT RIGHT TO KNOW WHY I AM BEING ARRESTED.HE HAD BOTH OF MY ARMS I COULD NOT MOVE OR RUN ANYWHERE. I AM ONLY 110LBS. AND THIS MAN HAD NO PROBLEM KEEPING ME IN CONTROL. HE THREATNED TO SPRAY ME BECAUSE I KEPT YELLING AT HIM ASKING HIM WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. IF A COP SNATCHES YOU OUT OF YOUR CAR AND STARTS THROWING YOU UP AGAINST YOUR CAR AND NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IS GOING ON I AM PRETTY SURE ALL OF YOU WOULD GO CRAZY TOO BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. ONE MORE THING, IF I WAS IN THE WRONG FOR DRIVING WHY DID THE COP CALL THE TOW LOT AND TELL THEM THEY CAN RELEASE MY CAR TO ME WITH ME SHOWING THEM MY LICENSE AND THAT I CAN DRIVE IT. SO WHY THE FU** WAS I PULLED OVER, HARRASSED IF HE WAS GOING TO LET ME GET RIGHT BACK IN MY CAR AND DRIVE OFF. IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY. THEIR CITY MADE MONEY OFF OF ME. I HAD TO PAY TO GET MY CAR AND IT WAS ONLY THERE FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES.THIS WHOLE COUNTRY IS ALL ABOUT MONEY.OR MAYBE I WENT THROUGH THIS BECAUSE I AM AFRICAN AMERICAN AND I WAS IN AN ALL WHITE SUBURB. I DON'T BELIEVE IN RACIAL PROFILING BUT EVERYONE HAS TO ADMIT THAT TO THIS DAY IN 2003 SADLY RACIAL PROFILING STILLS GOES ON. THAT'S TO BAD.

T

theother

Why does everything have to be about race when you do something wrong? If your registration was in fact "suspended", that was probably the reason that you were pulled over. The cop probably ran your plates when he was behind you. Your statements that you "KEPT YELLING AT HIM" and "ALL OF YOU WOULD GO CRAZY TOO" pretty much explains why the cop treated you so badly. You already said that you questioned him when he told you to get out of the car. That coupled with the behaviour that you have displayed here leads me to think that you probably threw attitude throughout this whole experience. Most people do downplay their own actions while exaggerating the actions of others. Also, the fact that you needed to have a "CERTAIN KIND OF INSURANCE FOR 2 YEARS" makes me wonder if you have had trouble in the past. Now before you start thinking that I too am a racist, let me tell you that I am also a black female (well, black and korean) and I have never had a problem with traffic stops even though I lived in a upper middle-class (very white) area of San Diego.

Son of Slam

jennifer1980 said:
another cop pulls up and the cop comes back to my car and snatches my car door open and says "get out the car he snatches me out the car by my arm throws me up against the car he has both of my hands in one of his. i am only 110lbs. he's bending my arms, steady throwing me into the car,holding my wrists very very tight, telling me he is going to spray me. he puts the cuffs on extra tight..there is more to this if someone is interested. :)

***YEA, BABY! Tell us more!

harbor14

{i was pulled over in a suburbs for my registeration being suspended. i had found this out the day before when i recieved a letter about an unpaid parking ticket.}

Valid reason for the stop.

{says "get out the car" i said "why?" he started yelling get out the car, get out the car your under arrest. by this time i am mad and scared at the same time.}

The magic words you are under arrest. The next statement 'I am mad....' not being there I am not sure, but in my experience mad people do not cooperate with being arrested.

{he snatches me out the car by my arm throws me up against the car he has both of my hands in one of his. i am only 110lbs. he's bending my arms, steady throwing me into the car,holding my wrists very very tight, telling me he is going to spray me. he puts the cuffs on extra tight.i keep yelling what is going on.}

A little inference here...you are pulled out of the car. People who are complying with an arrest generally get out of the car by themselves and dont yell and possible struggle. People get sprayed when they are struggling. Again I am guessing here but by your own statement you sound non-compliant.

{he tells me my license is suspended.}

Arrestable offense.

{i said for what? i had no clue it was. i have never never recieved one letter from the dmv or anyone else about my license being suspended.}

Matters not for the arrest.

{he takes me to the station finger prints me takes mug shots gives me 2 tickets totaling $500 and tells me my car has been towed and that i had to pay $50 to get it out. he told me that i can go show my license and pay and drive off with my car. so if i can go get my car and drive it why did i go through all the crap they put me through that day.i was never read the so called "rights" i feel this is wrong.there is more to this if someone is interested. someone please help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}

Generally we do not put a hold on a vehicle for driving while license suspended. However they are impounded and btw here in Washington the State Patrol can and does impound DWLS for 30, 60 and 90 days. Miranda warnings were not required you were not being custodially interrogated. The fact your license was suspended and you were driving with it is all that is needed for the arrest and prosecution.

{So you would rather have conformity over constitutional rights?

She deserves to be assaulted, kidnapped, and harrassed over simple traffic, and/or citations?}

What constitutional rights are you refering to. Assaulted, kidnapped and harrassed - where? She was arrested for a criminal offense - driving while license suspened - quite legal. After reading her post I infered she was non-compliant during the arrest - force may be used make an arrest - again legal. Your statement, sir does not stand.

As to the screaming and yelling why during the arrest, personally I will tell you what is going on after I have you in handcuffs. It is safer for you and for me.

As the racial profiling comments. I do not know what time of the day it was during the stop. My city is close to 95% white racial group. I stop only for the violations I see. And I work at night. I have had two people make the statment I stopped them for their race. I have a simple solution. I remove them from their vehicle, frisk them and place them in the front passenger seat of my patrol car. I turn off my overheads and spot light and ask them what they can see from behind. It is amazing the look they get on their face; I usually cannot tell sex much less race from behind at night until I get very close. By then I have my overheads and spot light on.

Last edited:

harbor14

{YOU SMART A*** I DID NOT GET LIPPY WITH THE PRICK}

{TREATING ME LIKE **** FOR NO REASON}

{I SIMPLY ASKED THE LITTLE FUC*ER TO TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON. }

BTW these are not the comments of a calm and cooperative person. It just leads me to believe you were mad, angry and non-compliant during the arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">