• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassed from Wal-Mart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drumkid927

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachussetts

I was caught for shoplifting about 3 months ago at a local Wal-Mart, and they told me I'd be receiving a letter in the mail for civil demand. When this didn't show, I followed up and found that the Wal-Mart in question had never sent it in to be prosecuted, but that I was still trespassed (banned from Wal-Mart property). But I was a little skeptical, because the person who told me this over the phone (the loss-prevention officer) made it sound like there was no record of me at all, so he might have not been right about the trespassing. What I was wondering was how far will they go to find trespassers, ie. will they stop me if i use my credit or debit card at another wal-mart? Or am I pretty much off the hook as long as I don't run into the same loss prevention officer (assuming that he was correct and I AM trespassed)?

justalayman

I would accept that they do not want you in the store again. You have been told that by the LP person. Presumably they have the authority to make such a decision.

as such, if you are caught in Walmart ( I don't know if it was just that one or all walmarts), they can call the police and have you arrested for trespassing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">