• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

v|ct0r3

Im in Florida, and supposedly when trespassing in a vehicle on a zoned construction site an officer must give you at least two warnings before an actual arrest can be made, is this true? If not does anybody know what the actual procedure or procedures are?

xylene

Im in Florida, and supposedly when trespassing in a vehicle on a zoned construction site an officer must give you at least two warnings before an actual arrest can be made, is this true? If not does anybody know what the actual procedure or procedures are?
No, that is not true.

An arrest can be made for trespassing on a posted construction site with no warning.

So the crux of the issue is: Was the site posted and did the posting conform to the legal requirement.

v|ct0r3

Supposedly my truck was reported to have been on a construction site, but no officer caught me in the act, can anything happen now and after the fact, I don't believe there is anything more than a possible report, because if an officer had seen me I think he would've just gotten me right then.

v|ct0r3

Also, there was an alternate route on a dirt road into the back of the site, with no postings . The only complication is this: It was through an orange grove, but once again there were no "No Trespassing" signs on the orange grove.

xylene

Supposedly my truck was reported to have been on a construction site, but no officer caught me in the act, can anything happen now and after the fact, I don't believe there is anything more than a possible report, because if an officer had seen me I think he would've just gotten me right then.
What are you being evasive about?

If you were trespassing, charges can be filed, even if the officer did not directly observe you.

If you were reported erronously, charges can be filed.

What will happen is if you are charged, you will contest the charges. If the charges are not warranted or supported by evidence, they will be dropped. If they are not dropped, then the prosecutor will need to meet the burden of proof to find you guilty.

At this point, it seems you have not been arrested or charged, so leave it be and don't tresspass (or even look cross-eyed at) any construction site as it is a serious felony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">