• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this true?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grossmanbilling

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My soon to be ex husband has a felony warrant out for him for hitting our teen son and putting him in the hospital. He has, somehow, alluded arrest attempts to the point they have stopped actually looking for him.

I found out he applied for a new job that is going to require him to go to the DMV and get his driving record for final consideration.

Now I have heard, mainly from reading less than impresive peer to peer advice sites that if you go to the DMV with an active felony warrant, you end up being taken out in handcuffs quietly through the back door. However the stories are that they were getting a license renewal or something like that - not just records.

Is this really true? Could my son finally have the justice he deserves for what his father did to him? Does anyone know for sure?

I don't want to tell my son and get his hopes up if that isn't the case.

Thank you, in advance, for your insight.

CdwJava

Now I have heard, mainly from reading less than impresive peer to peer advice sites that if you go to the DMV with an active felony warrant, you end up being taken out in handcuffs quietly through the back door. However the stories are that they were getting a license renewal or something like that - not just records.
He almost certainly will not be arrested at the DMV.

It IS possible that his record will have been flagged and what that means is that the DMV will notify the DOJ of any change of status. I am not sure that his seeking his own records will trigger that alert, but it might.

To help hedge your bets, let the investigating agency know of this and HOW you know of this information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">