• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to avoid jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asanborn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nebraska
is there anyway to avoid jail and just go to court on a old warrant? i recently moved back to the omaha area and found out that i have a old warrant for an open container of alcohol. this is from approx. 4-5 years ago. i went to court and got a fine, but never paid the fine. any advice on this question would be apriciated. thx

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nebraska
is there anyway to avoid jail and just go to court on a old warrant? i recently moved back to the omaha area and found out that i have a old warrant for an open container of alcohol. this is from approx. 4-5 years ago. i went to court and got a fine, but never paid the fine. any advice on this question would be apriciated. thx
got to court and pay that fine. interest fees and all.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Since you skipped out the first time, the court will be highly disinclined to grant you time to pay. Maybe you should contact the court and find out for sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">