• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to recover stolen goods from a pawn shop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabe21

South Carolina
I recently had a trailer stolen and i am 100% sure i know the exact pawn shop that its at. We have had 7 trailers stolen from my neighborhood in the past 3 months and they have all turned up at this pawn shop. But their is a catch, they wont let me into the pawn yard to look and verify that its mine. I filed a police report but they wont act on my suspensions until i have visual proof that its my trailer. Is there a law that allows them to prevent me from looking back there or does the pawn shop just not want to lose the money? should i just peek over the fence without touching the fence. i have access to a helicopter but i was trying to avoid the fuel bill for simple recon. Any advice would help!!!

gabe21

Yes. He said that i have to see the trailer and be sure its mine before he can get a search warrant and seize the property. but i cant get visual confirmation because they wont let me into the lot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">