• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to see if there is a warrent out for my arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goos829596

Hello,
This happened to me in January in the state of Indiana. I am a college student and I was at a party when an argument broke out between my friends and two random guys over the guys stealing stuff from my friend's house. The argument proceeded and I got invovled. One of the guys started using racist remarks to me and was saying it as he was walking out of the door. I was in another room and got pissed off and tossed a kitchen knife towards the door. It didn't even go near the guy, but he said more things and threatened to call the cops. They finally got the guy out of there and my girlfriend and I went home. That night the police came to the house of the party looking for me, but my phone was off and I was at my girlfriend's place. My friends talked to the cops and they left a message saying to call the police department and if I don't call there will be a warrent for my arrest. The officer gave a card with his number on it in which my friend gave it to me. I called in the next day to tell my side of the story and what happened. It turns out the officer who came to my friend's house looking for me only works once a month and wouldn't be in till next month. I left a message for him to contact me and call me. I recieved no call back. A few months later, I was told the cops stopped by my old house looking for me. They still haven't contacted me and I am trying to see if there is a warrent out for my arrest....what do you think?!

CdwJava

Goos829596 said:
The argument proceeded and I got invovled.
It is NEVER a good idea to get involved in someone else's beef.

One of the guys started using racist remarks to me and was saying it as he was walking out of the door. I was in another room and got pissed off and tossed a kitchen knife towards the door. It didn't even go near the guy, but he said more things and threatened to call the cops.
Sorry, but that is usually called "assault". And it could be "assault with a deadly weapon". Its a really bad idea to toss things at people - especially knives. Whether it came close to him or not is not the point. If it came close enough to constitute a potential danger, or close enough for someone to infer that the knife was intended to be thrown at or near him, then that is enough.

I called in the next day to tell my side of the story and what happened. It turns out the officer who came to my friend's house looking for me only works once a month and wouldn't be in till next month. I left a message for him to contact me and call me. I recieved no call back. A few months later, I was told the cops stopped by my old house looking for me. They still haven't contacted me and I am trying to see if there is a warrent out for my arrest....what do you think?!
I think you need to call and speak to a supervisor and find out what is up. If there is a warrant, you need to get an attorney ASAP.

And Outonbail, it IS possible that the officer works only one day a month if he is a Reserve or Auxiliary officer (either a paid or volunteer part time peace officer).

- Carl

outonbail

And Outonbail, it IS possible that the officer works only one day a month if he is a Reserve or Auxiliary officer (either a paid or volunteer part time peace officer).
OK, that makes sense then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">