• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turning yourself in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jay110

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
I have two warrants for my arrest. (violation of probation, 2 counts) I've had the cops show up at my house twice so far looking for me. I've been to jail already and I'm in no hurry to get back. I will turn myself in but only when I can afford to pay the bond. Is there anyway I could get a stay of execution or something like that until I can come up with the bond money? Or is it just a matter of luck, being able to dodge them until I can come up with it? Thanks a lot...

Curt581

Jay110 said:
I have two warrants for my arrest. (violation of probation, 2 counts) I've had the cops show up at my house twice so far looking for me. I've been to jail already and I'm in no hurry to get back. I will turn myself in but only when I can afford to pay the bond. Is there anyway I could get a stay of execution or something like that until I can come up with the bond money? Or is it just a matter of luck, being able to dodge them until I can come up with it? Thanks a lot...
I hate to be the one to break this to you...

There probably is no bond or bail on a probation violation. Your PO wants you taken into custody, and you'll be released when the PO thinks you've had enough.

I hope you're real good at bobbin' and weavin', because it'll just make it that much sweeter for the cops when they finally catch up with you... and they will.

Jay110

Usually you'd be right about there not being a bond. At least I thought so. However, I had a lawyer call up the probation office and the P.D. Whoever he contacted told him about the bond. But once you mentioned that, I thought about it...and I realized that usually there isn't a bond for that. It's always an automatic revocation and jail time no matter what...right? So. Is it possible or even legal for someone to go ahead and lie about there being a bond? Just to get me to turn myself in? My town has been known to have some corruption go on. So I wouldn't put it past the cops to bend the truth. They've lied to me before. But I was already in custody then....I'm more nervous now than I was when I first learned about the warrant. I know I can't run and hide forever from this thing. Most likely, not even for a little while. I always face the music when it's my turn. I never ever in my life have run from my responsibilities. But there is this little tiny part of me who tells me to run from this one...I won't. But it is VERY tempting. Anyway, thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">