• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two pending cases at once after never being arrested before...Attempted suicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minman

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My second case is from a frightful night on July 4th, 2007. Because of my domestic violence case, some financial trouble, and some health issues, I have become really depressed. On Independance Day, my depressed feelings became more suicidal. I was suicidal the entire day, but survived my emotions until the evening.

That evening, I began to drink some alcohol, ignoring that it was a depressant. I called my closest friends to tell them goodbye, because I was going to overdose off of a potent energy drink. One of my friends called 911, and another friend convinced me to do the same. By then, I already had 6 of these energy drinks, and you're not supposed to have more than 1 a day.

The cops and paramedics came to my apartment, and we conversed for a while, even joked around. However, they forced me to go to the hospital. I insisted for 10 minutes that it wouldn't be neccesary, and that I just wanted to go to bed. I even offered to call a sober friend to stay with, so that I could be watched. They said that it was protocol that I went to the hospital. I really began to get angry and tearful, because I knew I couldn't afford to go to the hospital.

After 10 minutes of a growing rage in me, I finally lost it. I broke my brand new cellphone in half, and threw it at one of the paramedics. I was immediately brought down by the cops and paramedics. I was placed in the ambulance under restraints, and spent the next morning in the hospital.

Because of me throwing my phone at the paramedic, I was charged with third degree assault. However, I was never placed in jail for it. My first court date from it will be August 23rd, 2007. I really feel that since it was a suicide call, that I could plead temporary insanity or something else. I really hope that I don't have to plead not guilty or no contest. Someone let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">