• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TX,law on tresspassing and theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TRISHA2005

What is the name of your state?Texas

My in laws are saying that they are going to report that i broke and entering and theft. Its started when about 2months ago me and my husband asked his mom and younger sister that live together if my dog can stay with them for awhile and then we will get him in a couple of weeks,(b/c we were moving and needed to come up with a pet deposit before we brought him to our new place) they agreed I gave them some money for his expenses like foods and everything..Well,when we tried to get him they said they weren't going to give him back,We kept trying to get him.then a couple weeks later the mom said that the dog isn't there anymore,(which they were hidding him from us) then acouple weeks later we found out were he was. He was at the other sisters house. We went by there and saw my dog behind their wired fence that came up a little past your waist. I went to the fence and he was crying for me to take him home. When he stood up against the fence his paws reached the top of it. I pick him up by his paw and took my dog home. I never entered their home ,i never opened the fence. I found out a day later that my apartment complex recieved a faxed stating that i took the dog and that she wants my dog back or $500.00 dollars. She called my house saying that she is going to call the police on me once she hung up the phone and report that I stole the dog and I broken and entered. I have all of his paper work showing that he is my dog. but I just don't know what to do,please help :confused:

seedpuppy

OKAY I do believe that your sister in law has a case because you took your pup from her property...Doubt you will have to give it back because of papers....but next time file a report about the incident......I know its a long way around things but you wont have to go as much drama as you are now..hopefully pup is well and good though........

TRISHA2005

seedpuppy said:
OKAY I do believe that your sister in law has a case because you took your pup from her property...Doubt you will have to give it back because of papers....but next time file a report about the incident......I know its a long way around things but you wont have to go as much drama as you are now..hopefully pup is well and good though........
If she does have a case does that mean,if she did call the police and said i broken and enter or tresspassed on her property,that I could go to Jail?My dog is fine he is so happy to be home and indoor were the texas heat isn't draining him :)

seedpuppy

Im not sure I think if its like a first time deal they'd prob just say well u didn't know don't do it again maybe give you probation but i don't think they'd throw the book at you........

chris86

TX law on trespassing and theft

I couldn't understand if you meant that she had or had not already contacted the police...if she is just threatening at this point, I would contact the police, have them come to your home to look at the fax. That seems to be extortion to me...on some level. She won't be charged with anything, but letting the authorities know the situation would certainly help keep the "ball in your court". Why were these people messing with you so badly in the first place? I think I'd steer clear of them... "Tall fences make good neighbors"...

chris86

TX law on trespassing and theft

On another note...I'd seriously reconsider a relationship with a man whose mother hated me that bad. It seems like the entire family is out to get you, and blood truly is thicker than water, (I'm from the south, but you're from Texas, and I think that definitely holds true there)...bet they're not done with you...You could never put his family on trespass notice either, if he does not consent to it. Those wonderful people are a part of your life, no matter what. Lock up your dog; they probably aren't done with you yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">