• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unable to receive copy of papers I signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrdrex

Louisiana

Hello, I was arrested for DWI. There were many papers to be signed and I made sure I held on to the copies they gave me. When being registered, there were several papers I signed but did not receive copies. I asked the officer if I could get copies, but said once I am under arrest, I don't have the right to these papers. I found it rather strange that I could not get a copy of these papers. Does anyone know of any laws that this violate?

FlyingRon

There's not only no law violated, there's no law that says you have to be given a copy of everything you sign. If he believes that it has a bearing on your criminal case, your attorney will request discovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">