• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage alchohal consumption rewrite

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mirroredfire

Okey sorry about the confussion yesterday, I have court tommarrow in the state of kansas btw.

Here is the situation, we fled the scene of a crime (my friend wrecked into a building), the police came and put us under arrest. They searched our house and found my friends stolen signs, and then tried to blame them on me. I was never given a sobriety test or breathalizer at the house or at the police station.

We were at the police station and they began their questioning using the stolen signs/felony charges to get me to speak. I told them we had drank after the wreck in hopes of getting my friend off on his DUI charges that he now faced, and I ended up with a MIC because of it. I have a clean record up until now.

I repeatedly told the police officer that my head hurt (I broke the windshield with my head) and he was very threatening/persistent about his questioning. The officer also lied to me during questioning, one lie being that there were injuries at the scene.

I just need to know what everyone thinks I should plead/say when in court. I have heard that the judge is very fair.

CdwJava

The police are allowed to lie to a small degree ... and the lie about someone being hurt at the scene was NOT a lie ... you admit you were hurt - ergo, someone WAS hurt.

As to what you should plead - who can say? What does your lawyer think?

Carl

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)I told them we had drank after the wreck in hopes of getting my friend off on his DUI charges that he now faced, and I ended up with a MIC because of it(QUOTE)

Are you still drunk?, or are you typically this dumb? You hurt your head, yet you want to claim the police are making up stories of injuries?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">