• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mirroredfire

Hello all this is my first post here, I recently got into some trouble with my friend in the state of kansas, he ran into a building with his car and is being charged with a DUI, the police came to the house and arrested him and detained me (im not sure of a difference because I was handcuffed but when I asked them if I was under arrest the first time they said no I was only being brought in for questioning), they later told me I was under arrest while I was under questioning. I had to give a statement that included me admitting to drinking, I would not have talked to them but my friends stored stolen signs in my room and he told me I was facing felony charges for them, my name is not on the lease of the house yet so im not sure whether that was just a threat or what. Anyways they gave my friend a sobriety test two times once at the house and once at the station, I think they may think they gave me one also, but im not sure. Anyways they released me and showed up 2 days later with an MIC ticket.. what should I plead etc? I was never given a sobriety test/breathalizer Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mirroredfire said:
Hello all this is my first post here, I recently got into some trouble with my friend in the state of kansas, he ran into a building with his car and is being charged with a DUI, the police came to the house and arrested him and detained me (im not sure of a difference because I was handcuffed but when I asked them if I was under arrest the first time they said no I was only being brought in for questioning), they later told me I was under arrest while I was under questioning. I had to give a statement that included me admitting to drinking, I would not have talked to them but my friends stored stolen signs in my room and he told me I was facing felony charges for them, my name is not on the lease of the house yet so im not sure whether that was just a threat or what. Anyways they gave my friend a sobriety test two times once at the house and once at the station, I think they may think they gave me one also, but im not sure. Anyways they released me and showed up 2 days later with an MIC ticket.. what should I plead etc? I was never given a sobriety test/breathalizer Thanks

My response:

Were you drunk, or high on drugs when you wrote this - - or are you just dumb as a bucket of rocks?

IAAL

M

mirroredfire

h

drunk, do you have anything to add to the thread? Id like some advice, im not too worried about making a formal essay on an internet forum.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mirroredfire said:
drunk, do you have anything to add to the thread? Id like some advice, im not too worried about making a formal essay on a internet forum.

My response:

No. But, the cue to you was to rewrite it when you're sober. Right now, it's too confusing, and you have many inconsistencies.

Don't write an essay. Just keep it straight, short, and factual.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">