• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Consumption while on informal probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Redblue00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

The other night my friends and I were pulled over. The police breathalyzed me and said I was "almost double the bac" I was too drunk to understand. They wrote down my information and I told them I was on probation. They didn't say anything else and that's when they left and let me go home.

Are they going to charge me through mail? What should I do?

CdwJava

No one can say what WILL happen, only what MIGHT happen. You might get your probation revoked, and you might be charged with a new crime. No one can say. The fact that they did not take you into custody is a good sign for you. I assume you are an adult (18+) otherwise the officers would have been derelict in their duty to leave an inebriated minor in the company of others who were not legally responsible.

In any event, you might be charged later, and you might get your probation revoked. No way to know for sure. I suspect that either one is unlikely, but they are possibilities.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">