• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage drinking charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

degs

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

What Happened:

I am 18 and had been at a college party. I ended up getting in a fight with ym girlfriend on the phone and then leaving the party. I ended up walking on the highway to go to the next exit that I knew would help me get home (I used to live in a country town and highway walking was the norm). A cop car pulled over, talked to me for a while and then told me to get in. They ended up making me call my father to come pick me up. The one cop wanted to let me go, the other didn't. They wrote no citation on the scene, and I was given nothing. I was not told that I was being charged for anything, and I do not (if it matters) beleive Mirandas were read. The cops never did a breathalyzer or sobriety test at all. This all happened Oct. 23. I just got mail today, with two notices of hearings the same time, one with the charge being 6308 Underage Consp Etc, the other being 3550 without a name and the 3550 has an extra copy for a gaurdian. I am very confused and do not know what a 3550 is. I was given no citations and the two notices are for tw odifferent citations. Also I have certified mail that I missed that I need to go pick up. I am very confused. Did the cops do everything they were supposed to? Is there any chance I can get out of this because of the lack of a sobriety test and citation? Please tell me if htere is anything I can do, and also PLEASE explain to me the 3550. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">