• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage drinking ticket in Florida, not driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dadd

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida :confused: Question he was at a friends aptartment, a complaint for noise was reported. A Local Cop comes to the door. My son answers the door with a beer in hand. The officer asks him to come out and he says no.... before he has a chance to do anything else the officer grabs him by the shirt and takes him out of the apartment and handcuffs him. After a long discourse he gives him a ticket and he must report to court tomorrow. What is our best course?Does he have the right to pull him from a residence?

rmet4nzkx

He answered the door with a beer in hand and was underage. The police officer asked to step outside, your son resisted. Yes, the Officer had probable cause and observed the crime. Your son is without excuse. This is where tough love starts. Plan on adding your own punishment to the courts, you need to make an impression before it is too late.

Curt581

rmet4nzkx said:
OP can certainally add punishment to the court's, whether or not it makes an impression is never certain.
OP certainly CAN add punishment... however, will almost certainly NOT do so.

OP will more likely continue to question/deride the legality of the officer's actions, despite the son's clearly illegal behavior.

:rolleyes:

If and when my own son does this, my questions will be limited to:

"Officer, how long does my son have to pay this?"

"Would you please turn around so you don't have to witness the a$$ kicking he's about to receive?"

-or-

"Would you kindly take over for me when my foot gets tired?"

:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">