• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage drinking in TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamesl8

Out of state warrant? It's a warrant, period.

If you get checked and the warrant comes up then you get held until the originating agency is called to confirm the warrant's validity and the extradition. If that can't be done (maybe on a weekend or holiday) you may be held until contact can be made.

It's up to you if you want to deal with that.
What I meant by 'out of state warrant' by the way was a warrant that is reported beyond the state borders. I took dave33's comment about misdemeanor and violation warrants usually staying in state to mean that they might not be reported in a national database. Am I understanding that correctly?

Ladyback1

What I meant by 'out of state warrant' by the way was a warrant that is reported beyond the state borders. I took dave33's comment about misdemeanor and violation warrants usually staying in state to mean that they might not be reported in a national database. Am I understanding that correctly?
Some warrants are only entered into a local database or a state database, others are entered into NCIC.

However, just because they aren't entered into NCIC NOW, doesn't mean they won't be entered at a later date. Even if they are entered into NCIC, if the entering jurisdiction isn't willing to extradite you most likely will not arrested on that warrant in say Nebraska....

But, a warrant will follow you everywhere, you know that right??:rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Er...well, I haven't been to diversion yet. Maybe it will be eye opening.

I wasn't looking for "support" on 'avoiding' anything.
Hope you are not planning on various careers for during or after college. Because if there is a warrant issued, most likely you will NOT be hired by most upstanding legal professional employers.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Not really.

Even if there will be no extradition warrant hits are very often visible nationwide when a file check is done on you. That will follow you wherever you go - for life until the warrant is vacated.

JennK2009

Now I see why the seniors are jumping your cheerios! You have been a bad, bad, person. Throw yourself on the mercy of the court and offer to spit shine all the cops shoes to show your contrition.

Really: quit getting caught underage drinking. I'd offer advice but its been many years since I skipped out on a MIP ticket. When I returned home to Chgo many years ago, I was lucky enough to have a neighbor cop tell me I had a warrant for that missed court date. I went to the station (to beg for mercy) and they dismissed it right then and there. The good thing was, my parents never found out - or that would have been worse than the courts.

Ah - the good old days!

Do mind the ticket though; you never know - you could land the job of dreams in TN one day and wouldn't that stink to have that ghost rise up.

I don't think the states cross check, but we are slowly (if not there, already) becoming a police state. Scary, but true. God Bless what's left of America!

jamesl8

Some warrants are only entered into a local database or a state database, others are entered into NCIC.

However, just because they aren't entered into NCIC NOW, doesn't mean they won't be entered at a later date. Even if they are entered into NCIC, if the entering jurisdiction isn't willing to extradite you most likely will not arrested on that warrant in say Nebraska....

But, a warrant will follow you everywhere, you know that right??:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Apart from that little extra, thanks for the NCIC information.
I really can't imagine a jurisdiction giving the time, money, resources to extradite someone over an MIP...But yeah, getting detained and waiting to find that out every time (not that I'm planning on making a habit of hanging out with cops) would get really old really quickly.

Hope you are not planning on various careers for during or after college. Because if there is a warrant issued, most likely you will NOT be hired by most upstanding legal professional employers.
Mmhm good point.

Not really.

Even if there will be no extradition warrant hits are very often visible nationwide when a file check is done on you. That will follow you wherever you go - for life until the warrant is vacated.
very often visible. ok, cool.

Thanks for all the warrant info. I guess I'm going back to TN. Actually, I still want to find out about an attorney sorting it for me.

jamesl8

Now I see why the seniors are jumping your cheerios! You have been a bad, bad, person. Throw yourself on the mercy of the court and offer to spit shine all the cops shoes to show your contrition.

Really: quit getting caught underage drinking. I'd offer advice but its been many years since I skipped out on a MIP ticket. When I returned home to Chgo many years ago, I was lucky enough to have a neighbor cop tell me I had a warrant for that missed court date. I went to the station (to beg for mercy) and they dismissed it right then and there. The good thing was, my parents never found out - or that would have been worse than the courts.

Ah - the good old days!

Do mind the ticket though; you never know - you could land the job of dreams in TN one day and wouldn't that stink to have that ghost rise up.

I don't think the states cross check, but we are slowly (if not there, already) becoming a police state. Scary, but true. God Bless what's left of America!
Thanks for sharing about your own situation. I like that they just dismissed it but I don't know that they're so reasonable these days.

I try my best to not get caught! Usually I'm good at it! This is an anomaly. In TN it all got kind of wild. Back home, I got kind of bold and walked down the street with a bottle. Criminal.

I agree with you on the police state thing. No child left behind. They shout while herding everybody into the corrections system... I'm moving to Canada.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Here's a novel idea.

Don't break the law, and you won't have to worry about getting caught.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Idiot child.

When you can't get a job because your past history is on display for all employers to read, don't come crying to us.

jamesl8

Idiot child.

When you can't get a job because your past history is on display for all employers to read, don't come crying to us.
Again with the name calling.

Where are all of your mothers? My mom would be so displeased if I spoke to people the way lots of the members here speak to people.

I will try my best to not come crying to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">