• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical practice... Please help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Delillo03

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I think my rights have been violated.. I was stopped by a state trooper in pennsylvania.. I am a resident of Pa for about ten years.. When the officer stopped me, he asked me if my last name was Gonzales. It isn't.. He found about .02 of marijuana in my car. So I gae him consent to search my vehichle.. My 2 sons were in the car so I was a bit concerned. He came back to me and told me that I was going to be charged with possession. I said Ok. He proceeded to tell me that he was not interested in my little possession charge,he was more interested in "getting the big guy" .. I told him that I didn't know anything about what he wanted. He proceeded to tell me that he could turn my possession charge into a mere traffic ticket if I went to work for him, he said all I had to do was make a purchase or two and that no one would know anything but him and myself.. I told him I didn't know anything.. He never issued me at ticket. Instead he took my address and all my phone numbers.. He told me he would give me a couple days and that he would call me. he said " I don't care if you say yeas or no, but if I say no that he would go ahead and put the charges through.. I never signed anything nor did I receive any documents. He just let me go, but he said that I am under arrest.. Today I called the state police barracks to speak to the leuitenant or the major in charge and they didn't want to speak to me. What do I do? This has to be unethical. How am I under arrest without any formal documents? He never gave me anything he said I'd get it in the mail after I answered yes or no as to whether I will help him by becoming a confidential informant... I think hes going to say I refused to sign the ticket but he never even made one. He took my info and sent me on my way. He even searched my car and questioned my boys, please help I have never been through anything like this before...I have no clue what to do. Do i go to the news , do I get a lawyer? I think this guy is trying to use me to gain a couple notches on his belt. I'm so afraid I don't know what to do..

xylene

I don't know what to do..
What to do:

Calm down. Really. Relax.

Worst case scenario is you get a ticket in the mail for possession.

Don't call the police station again.

You DO NOT have to become an informant. I would urge you not to. The policeman is not bound to honor his end of the 'deal'.

If you recieve a ticket appear as directed.

If you don't recieve a ticket, than the cop cut you a break. Leave it alone.

Don't ride with weed and your kids. Learn from that.

fairisfair

yeah, that happens EVERY DAY:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Patrol officers skimming the streets looking for people with kids and a little pot to enlist as informants.

Give me a break.

xylene

yeah, that happens EVERY DAY:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Patrol officers skimming the streets looking for people with kids and a little pot to enlist as informants.

Give me a break.
I find it semi-credible, but certaily a bit addled...

The policeman probably asked him where he got the weed from and could he get more, and now this guy is blowing it way out of proportion.

fairisfair

I find it semi-credible, but certaily a bit addled...

The policeman probably asked him where he got the weed from and could he get more, and now this guy is blowing it way out of proportion.
well, let's just call me less believing. I ain't buyin' it! oh, or sellin' it!! LOL :p:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">