• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unethical Practices?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eurynome

What is the name of your state? MN

I was at an after bar party- wedding reception to be exact. I had one drink- a very watered down drink. I was not drunk. Enjoying my night. Three girls jumped me and beat me repeatedly, kicked and various other attacks, physically. I was hit repeatedly over the head with a glass beer bottle. I was bleeding, and had very obvious swollen bumps and scratches on my body.
I contacted police within 15 minutes after the event took place. Police officer took me to station. He took only a verbal report. He told me if I was really assaulted with a glass bottle, the girls who did this would sit in jail the entire weekend. About 15 people witnessed what happened, and I told the complete truth to the officer.
The next day, the police officer informed me that he took statements from everyone who witnessed the event. He told me that each person there claims I held a knife to one of the attacker's throat, only to beat myself over the head with a glass bottle.
I asked him if that seemed like a logical thing to do. Would I hold a knife to one person's throat only to beat my own head with a glass bottle.
He said he had written and recorded statements from each individual who witnessed this. Each witness claimed I was extremely intoxicated and I lied. He told me to repeat my story again as I was too drunk and emotional the previous night to know what I was talking about.
He told me since my story was the only one that did not concur, that if I pressed charges, in the end, each individual would testify that I initiated the fight, and the other women were acting in self defense.
I am 5'2" I weigh 125 lbs, I was there alone- with no date or other friends. I have two children, and desire not to have any police reports.
The police officer told me he would not be doing anything about the incident.

What am I to do? I did not lie about anything that happened. I even admitted to insulting one of the women who threatened me. I was not looking for a fight at all.

My town's local law enforcement has been under investigation several times for negligence and over policing. At this point, I feel as though they are under policing.
Will pressing charges and retaining an attorney do anything? The police officer refused to take a written statement from me. From the looks of it, it appears as though the police were called on me for disorderly conduct.
He did not even ask me if I needed medical attention. Isn't that required when blood is visibly trickling out of my head? Shouldn't;t photos of been taken of my face and head as well?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

L

loocpoc

In the Immortal words of "Dean Vernon Wormer" Of Faber College:

"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life".

stephenk

did you go to the ER that evening?

that must have been one hell of an insult to end up getting smacked around like you did!

E

Eurynome

I am going today.
It is hard to understand why I would not go on the night it happened, but it had a lot to do with the people involved.

I am going to ask my Dr. if there is any possible way that I could leave the bruises that were left, had I done it myself.

I am going to ask her to write me a report, and then I think I will go down today and demand that my police report to filed and action be taken. Does that sound logical?

Please advise.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Eurynome said:
I am going today.
It is hard to understand why I would not go on the night it happened, but it had a lot to do with the people involved.

I am going to ask my Dr. if there is any possible way that I could leave the bruises that were left, had I done it myself.

I am going to ask her to write me a report, and then I think I will go down today and demand that my police report to filed and action be taken. Does that sound logical?

Please advise.

My response:

Okay, my advice is you have my permission to go to your doctor, be examined, treated, and get a report. It won't do you any good, but you have my permission.

IAAL

E

Eurynome

IAAL- Why won't it do me any good?
Can you offer me any advice that will assist me in this matter?
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">