• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In United Kingdom Email Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chumpy

Re: Harassment by email. I have just had a visit for a police officer investigating an harassment complaint.
It follows an email sent to a work colleague that has been traced via the IP address to my husbands
The email sent was not threatening or aggressive in anyway nor did it contain bad langue.
It alluded to a relationship between the colleague and another college possibly being inappropriate and made the point of saying phone have cameras and voice recorders. The message was meant as a friendly warning so that the colleague did not get themselves in trouble.
I am now worried the police are going to inform the colleague where the message came from and get me into trouble at work possible sacked.
It seems a total waste of police time. They are coming back next week to interview my husband and say if he sign a statement saying it will not happen again that will be an end to the matter.

Please advise can the police really do this.
Can I do anything to stop this going any further?
Can I stop the police divulging my husband and my private in formation in relation to this matter?

So, so far:

Just had the police round an hour ago and they are coming back to see my husband. I did not know anything about this nor did my husband it seems it was my 13 year old daughter that sent the email after over hearing me talking to my husband but we are not going to bring her into it - my husband is going to take responsibility

Thank you

Proserpina

Re: Harassment by email. I have just had a visit for a police officer investigating an harassment complaint.
It follows an email sent to a work colleague that has been traced via the IP address to my husbands
The email sent was not threatening or aggressive in anyway nor did it contain bad langue.
It alluded to a relationship between the colleague and another college possibly being inappropriate and made the point of saying phone have cameras and voice recorders. The message was meant as a friendly warning so that the colleague did not get themselves in trouble.
I am now worried the police are going to inform the colleague where the message came from and get me into trouble at work possible sacked.
It seems a total waste of police time. They are coming back next week to interview my husband and say if he sign a statement saying it will not happen again that will be an end to the matter.

Please advise can the police really do this.
Can I do anything to stop this going any further?
Can I stop the police divulging my husband and my private in formation in relation to this matter?

So, so far:

Just had the police round an hour ago and they are coming back to see my husband. I did not know anything about this nor did my husband it seems it was my 13 year old daughter that sent the email after over hearing me talking to my husband but we are not going to bring her into it - my husband is going to take responsibility

Thank you

Sorry, we do only US law here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">