• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unknown warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PM2003

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently went to renew my driver's license and was told I had a warrant out for criminal tresspass from 2001 in San Antonio. I used to live in San Antonio but moved in 1999 to Houston. I'm pretty sure I haven't been back. I talked to the deputy and he said maybe my car was parked some where and they filed on the car. Well my son had a car in my name at that time and did go to San Antonio once in awhile. The deputy did not arrest me but told me to take care of it.

How do I find out the details of the warrant?
What should I do about it?

Last edited:

S

sdstrooper

First of all, find out who issued the warrant. Ask the deputy if he could get information on what department issued it. Then contact the issuing department. From there, try to clarify things with the issuing department.

P

PM2003

He said he could not give me anymore information because he would have to arrest me. He did tell me to go to a bails bond person and have them run it. But I submitted this question to find out what the correct procedure is. Thanks for your help.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

PM2003 said:
"He said he could not give me anymore information because he would have to arrest me."

==============================

My response:

Sounds like a variation of the old, "If I told you, I'd have to kill you."

IAAL

P

PM2003

Yeh, except I'm not laughing too hard. In fact I was grateful he didn't arrest me. It's a lot harder to take care of things from 'out here'. He thought it was probably a divorce case. He must see that a lot applied to the charge I received. When I told him that couldn't be it he came up with the idea my car was probably the link.

W

whitnessforhim

You can request that information through a FOIA request(Freedom of Information Request). They are threatening to arrest you if you don't take care of it but their not gonna give you the details....lol....yep sounds like our government...SHOW ME THE MONEY!! Check out your states penal code and code of criminal procedures..there should be answers there for ya.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">