• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful carrying of a weapon in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnjohn21

Hey I was wondering what happens when you are charged with unlawful carrying of a weapon. I was assaulted and I then I went downstairs to get a golf club. I did not do bodily harm to the person. I went downstairs and called the police. What will happen? Will I go to jail? Will I get probation? I have to go see county attorney Joe Littlefield in Greenville Tx. What will happen in court?

Please help

Thanks

FlyingRon

Yeah, I was pretty sure JohnJohn died in a plane crash a few years ago.
Sounds like Erin Woods to me.

There's got to be more to the story. However if someone "assualted" you and left you have no right to go chasing after them with clubs. That is also criminal assault.

If they've not charged you with anything yet but want you to "come in for a talk" I would highly suggest consulting a lawyer first. The fact that you are not in custody means they don't have to warn you that every thing you tell them can be used against you.

johnjohn21

Unlawful carrying of a weapon

Depends. Need more information.

Were you arrested?? Charged?? If charged, give statute cited??
I was arrested and put in jail. The bond was a thousand dollars. I had to pay 175 to get out. I have yet to have a court date. I am freaking out because I am about to graduate from college this spring and I do not want this to keep me from getting a job.

Depends. What is your prior record??

I have no prior criminal recors other rhan minor traffic tickets.

Depends on what you are going to court for. Need more information.
I am going to court because I was charged with unlawful carrying of a weopon. I asked them what it was classified as and they said it was a class A misdemeanor.

FlyingRon

Ask for a public defender at your first appearance.

The fact that you were a ward of the court means squat now.

I suspect you are STILL not being forthcoming to us, and I suspect you shouldn't. Get a lawyer but otherwise keep your trap shut. Yes this could very much hurt your chances of getting any job in the fields you listed.
They want law-abiding, mentally-stable people.

How the heck is a a swinging a golf club illegal? Since i am on probation i carry a screw driver and a baseball bat in my car just in case someone tries to rob me is that illegal? better not be. But anyways I wouldnt worry about it too much. A few years back my friend, who has an extensive criminal background recieved 6 months probation for getting caught with my 38 special

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">