• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlawful Search, can this beat the charge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Soutnerner_09

Tennessee
I was at a friends house when his wife got angry at him and left. 2 hours later the cops show, off an "anonymous" tip they recieved of underage drinking going on at the home. Now when the police show up were all leaving, they stop us the front yard and say that we cant go anywhere we have to back inside. So of course we listened and turned around and sat back down in the living room. They asked for everyone's i.d. and some of us were underage but had been drinking. They took those of us underage into the kitchen and sobriety tested us and we all passed. My friend has bongs he keeps in his living room, the police saw them and keep staring. He asked them if they wanted to search the living room only because they wouldn't find anything then they could leave. They searched for about 45 mins then suddenly found a speck of marijuana in a candle. We were all friends there and werent going to snitch so we all caught a simple possesion charge. Now my question is since we were leaving did the cops have to right to tell us to go back inside?

Last edited:

Antigone*

Tennessee
I was at a friends house when his wife got angry at him and left. 2 hours later the cops show, off an "anonymous" tip they recieved of underage drinking going on at the home. Now when the police show up were all leaving, they stop us the front yard and say that we cant go anywhere we have to back inside. So of course we listened and turned around and sat back down in the living room. They asked for everyone's i.d. and some of us were underage but had been drinking. They took those of us underage into the kitchen and sobriety tested us and we all passed. My friend has bongs he keeps in his living room, the police saw them and keep staring. He asked them if they wanted to search the living room only because they wouldn't find anything then they could leave. They searched for about 45 mins then suddenly found a speck of marijuana in a candle. We were all friends there and werent going to snitch so we all caught a simple possesion charge. Now my question is since we were leaving did the cops have to right to tell us to go back inside?

Yep:cool::cool::cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">