• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unlawfully pulled over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

morehead6900

I live in Indiana. I just recently got a dual purpose motorcycle and I have it plated and everything titled and everything I need for it. I have my motorcycles learners permit and wear my helment and eye protection and all of that stuff and insurance on it. Would it be unlawful for the city police to pull me over just because they think or want to check if I have everything for my bike to be street legal even though they have no real basis to pull me over? I live in a small town and one day a officer just stopped beside me and was like just wanted to make sure you had plates on it and went on, but I get looks from the other cops like they want to pull me over. Can they pull someone over when they have no other reason to pull me over? I'm not worried about getting in trouble, I have nothing to worry about if they would pull me over I just want to know if they can.

justalayman

Can they pull someone over when they have no other reason to pull me over?
Legally, no but it is not difficult to find a legit reason to pull a person over.

I'm not worried about getting in trouble, I have nothing to worry about if they would pull me over I just want to know if they can.
for some reason, you do sound a bit paranoid As evidenced by this statement: "but I get looks from the other cops like they want to pull me over". Not sure how an officer "looks" like he wants to pull you over. Trust me, if they want to pull you over, they will find justification for pulling you over. Just for the fun of it and after challenged by a friend to prove it, I showed reason for stopping just about any driver on the road after following them for less than 1 mile. People make more mistakes than they are ever aware of.

Until you are pulled over, all you have is speculation. Relax. When riding MC, you do not have enough room for that in your mind. There are too many crazy drivers out there you need to be watching for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">