• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unresolved felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Susan Brewster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have an unresolved felony in the state of Florida.
I was arrested in Nov. 2003 for grand felony theft, in a department store in Seminole Florida. The amount of merchandise that I was arrested for was approx. $320.00 apparently $300.00 is grand theft felony in the state of Florida.
I was put in a special program in witch I would check in with an officer of the court once a month and do community service.
A few months later I had to move back to California to care for my quadriplegic son. I contacted the appropriate official in the Seminole county courts system and they decided to let me do the program long distance. I continued to comply to the rules of the program and kept in contact with the court appointed officer by mail. One day I received notice that they did not receive my correspondence and where taking me off the program. There was a court date that I was meant to attend listed in the letter that I received.
Due to the fact that I was caring for my son in California and unable to return to Florida, I felt that there was not much that I could do, not to mention how overwhelming my life was at the time. Since I was not present for court they took me off the program and instated a warrant for $7500.00.
Now six years later I am unemployable and at a stand still in life, I need to resolve this issue, I have not ever been in this kind of trouble before or since and I am almost 50 years old now. I just want my life back. Can you give me any helpful advice?!
Much Thanks and Aloha, Susan BrewsterWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dave33

The only way to cancel a warrant is to appear in court. It would be in your best interest to contact a Florida criminal defense attorney. If you can afford a private attorney than sometimes money has a miraculous way of making things you thought wasn't possible, possible. At the very least maybe he can get the charge reduced to a misdemeanor. I know that is not what you wanted to hear but I have never heard of a warrant situation being resolved in any other way. Perhaps someone here from Florida has better news. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">