• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upcoming case (12/13) for Fighting and Obstruction HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

analogvacuumtub

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My best friend and I play in a small local band. We have been very close friends for almost 20 years. We played at a venue/restaurant a month ago. We were arrested for fighting and obstruction. We were in a disagreement and fighting one another in a backstage area. The police officer who arrested us only saw us from the stage area.
During booking that night we were told the 2nd charge was for blocking traffic. In court, they said it was obstruction, and then they said it was striking the officer. That never happend whatsoever. As soon as the officer arrived we stop fighting, again we are best friends, they even put us in front of the 'patty-wagon' together.
Should we get statements from people who were there, should we sepena the restaurant owner and mgr? I feel if this judge, and we have heard he is a very fair judge, were to hear what happen this may be thrown out. I would accept the fighting charge but by no means the striking an officer.
Please advise and thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">