• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah cop stuck in McCarthy era - can I sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

avidadvice

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? UTAH
I made some flyers advertising a thriller show and left them at a concert. Some kids took them and left them at a business where a young woman took it and thought it was "scary". Instead of throwing them away she called the police and said it was a bomb.
The police came to my work and arrested me infront of my coworkers for "disorderly conduct." He did not read my rights until he took me to the police station. The DA dismissed the citation, but can I sue?? and what can I sue for? Not only was this a false arrest, but my freedom of speech was violated!

CdwJava

Sorry ... I can't believe you were arrested because someone left a bundle of papers at a local business.

What have you left out?

What did this package look like? What did they allege you did?

What did these flyers say?

This is too weird to even provide an answer ... consult local counsel.

Keep in mind that all because a charge is dismissed does NOT give rise to a lawsuit for false arrest.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">