• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

utility theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? mississippi

my daughter's boyfirend was arrested for utility theft. i understand that this is more common then you would think. he found 4 electric meter seals in his back yard. i do not know if they were all his or his neighbors also. he was going to check if they had seals on their meters. he rents a duplex and he had been having trouble with his neighbors kids. his lawyer said to pay the fine, they droped it to tampering with the meter, (removing the seal), that there is no way to prove he did not do it. his usage had dropped because he had been spending the last 6 weekends at my house so i think that might be part of it. he has a 1 hr and 15 min drive and he leaves from work on friday and stays until monday morning. the problem i have is what happens in a few months when someone starts cutting seals again and he is rearrested. he can't afford to move right away but he is looking for a house to buy. dont suggest he move in with me.... i like the kid, but not that much, lol

HomeGuru

driftbuster said:
What is the name of your state? mississippi

my daughter's boyfirend was arrested for utility theft. i understand that this is more common then you would think. he found 4 electric meter seals in his back yard. i do not know if they were all his or his neighbors also. he was going to check if they had seals on their meters. he rents a duplex and he had been having trouble with his neighbors kids. his lawyer said to pay the fine, they droped it to tampering with the meter, (removing the seal), that there is no way to prove he did not do it. his usage had dropped because he had been spending the last 6 weekends at my house so i think that might be part of it. he has a 1 hr and 15 min drive and he leaves from work on friday and stays until monday morning. the problem i have is what happens in a few months when someone starts cutting seals again and he is rearrested. he can't afford to move right away but he is looking for a house to buy. dont suggest he move in with me.... i like the kid, but not that much, lol
**A: why are you worred about him? Tell your daughter to get rid of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">