• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vandalism burden of proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

All3ellisboys

I'm n california
My ex boyfriend is accusing me of vandalizing his car. I was not in town at the time this occurred and have witnesses to confirm where I was. He is claiming he seen me in the area and something about shoe prints? He also states he has video of someone on his property although I'm not sure how clear it is as to who it was. I shave 3 witnesses that can confirm I was not in town when this occurred and he has sent me text messages that sounds like he only suspected me. Can I be arrested on his word that he seen me n the area? Even tho I have multiple witnesses as to my whearbouts??

LdiJ

I'm n california
My ex boyfriend is accusing me of vandalizing his car. I was not in town at the time this occurred and have witnesses to confirm where I was. He is claiming he seen me in the area and something about shoe prints? He also states he has video of someone on his property although I'm not sure how clear it is as to who it was. I shave 3 witnesses that can confirm I was not in town when this occurred and he has sent me text messages that sounds like he only suspected me. Can I be arrested on his word that he seen me n the area? Even tho I have multiple witnesses as to my whearbouts??
The police could question you, but if you claim to have an alibi they would have to check that out. Personally, I suspect that your ex is blowing smoke.

All3ellisboys

We'll considering I wasn't near the area he has to be... But he also knows I have PTSD and knows how to aggravate my anxiety... I'm just concerned that I may be arrested based on him saying he seen me n the area.. Thank u

CdwJava

We'll considering I wasn't near the area he has to be... But he also knows I have PTSD and knows how to aggravate my anxiety... I'm just concerned that I may be arrested based on him saying he seen me n the area.. Thank u
The police are not going to run out and arrest you all because he thinks you vandalized his car. They may come talk to you, and if they do, provide them with the names and contact info for these friends of yours.

Property crimes are not high priorities these days so IF he calls the police, they may not do much of anything with the report other than file it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. You will not be arrested solely on his saying you were seen in the area.

Okay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">