• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very Slight Possibility of an Old Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conjunctio1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
What is the best way to check if you have an old warrant (over 10 years old) in Bexar County? I have never been arrested and haven't ever received a notice, that I know of, to show up in a court. I moved out of state 12 years or so ago and before I left I was having financial difficulty and was threatened by a couple of collection places for non-payment of services. I'm pretty sure that my bankruptcy took care of those folks, but as I recently moved back to Texas and am looking for a job and need to get a Texas driver's license, I've begun to let worry get the upper-hand about if any of the collection places followed through on their threats and could jeopardize either my job search or driver's license.

conjunctio1

Thanks JETX

Unfortunately, I don't live in that county anymore and at the moment don't have a vehicle either. Is this something a lawyer can do for a reasonable amount?

JETX

Unfortunately, I don't live in that county anymore and at the moment don't have a vehicle either. Is this something a lawyer can do
Yes.

for a reasonable amount?
What is reasonable to me, may not be to you. Call some attorneys and ask.

Also, there are other methods you could use.... but you asked for the BEST. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">