• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Victim of society

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

navada

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Greetings I was on probation that I completed successfully.One day I was stopped by the law for a minor traffic violation,and when they ran my license they said I had a warrant for not completing my probation.I found out that the probation board contracts there work out to some organization who never cleared my record.My probation officer got it cleared up and after a night and a day in jail I was set free with there mistake corrected.The sad part is I was on probation for things I didn't do I was a passenger in another persons car where they found 1/10th of a gram of marijuana somewhere in the car and a open container that belonged to me.I was charged with a dui for just riding in my friends car.when we went to court they give me a dui,and took my license.The driver didn't have a license and they gave him an affidavid to drive back and forth to work.Normally if I was guilty I would take it like a soldier,but they falsly arrestted me because the people the parole board contracts to clear people of there probation never did can I sue them.My father is a veternarian if he makes a mistake believe me the law suit come quick.I want to fight back,and wondering if it's worth the trouble,and how much could I actually sew them for.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You are a victim of your own stupidity.

You were in violation of Georgia's Open Container Law.

Open Container Law

The law defines "open alcoholic beverage container" as any bottle, can, or other receptacle that contains any amount of alcoholic beverage and: (1) is open or has a broken seal; or (2) the contents of which are partially removed.

The law prohibits anyone from consuming any alcoholic beverage, or possessing any open alcoholic beverage container in the passenger area of any motor vehicle which is on the roadway or shoulder of any public highway. Only a person who consumes an alcoholic beverage or possesses an open alcoholic beverage container will be charged with an open container violation; however, a driver who is alone in a motor vehicle shall be deemed to be in possession of any open alcoholic beverage container. Anyone who violates this law is subject to a fine not to exceed $200.

This provision does not apply to any passenger in the passenger area of a motor vehicle designed, maintained, or used primarily for the transportation of persons for compensation or in the living quarters of a motor home or house trailer.
H.E.A.T. Laws.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">