• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

video of police interrogation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr.blue

What is the name of your state? Ia
Hey how do you go about getting the video of the police interogation. I know they have a video camara in the interogation room. I don't know if it was on but it seems to reason it would be. I need this evidence to prove police acted illegaly in their interogation practices.
They have released pieces of video to the news in other unrelated cases - so i know the camara system works and has been used in the past. With this video evidence I will be able to prove with ease that the police used threats of violence and intimidation to illicit a confession. Because of the contents of the video tape I know they wont want it released, How can i stop them from "loosing" it or accidently recording over it?

CdwJava

What is the name of your state? Ia
Hey how do you go about getting the video of the police interogation. I know they have a video camara in the interogation room. I don't know if it was on but it seems to reason it would be. I need this evidence to prove police acted illegaly in their interogation practices.
They have released pieces of video to the news in other unrelated cases - so i know the camara system works and has been used in the past. With this video evidence I will be able to prove with ease that the police used threats of violence and intimidation to illicit a confession. Because of the contents of the video tape I know they wont want it released, How can i stop them from "loosing" it or accidently recording over it?
You can have your attorney request it in discovery.

Think of it this way: If they allege a confession, and then admit they had a tape but it was lost, it will kinda cast reasonable doubt on the whole thing if you deny confessing.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">