• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sec8

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
Hello, I recently had an experience with my local police and would like some feedback. First off I do have an attorney and he is working on my case, I happened by this site and thought I could get some feedback. I was arrested and placed in an isolated cell for 3 weeks without any contact with anyone. I asked evey jailor and anyone I saw if I could make a phone call and all said no. I did get to finally ask the jail administator if I could have my phone call and he told me I didn't know my rights, and after he was finished yelling I got to make a call and got a bondsman. My question is is there any recourse, what can my attorney do? Just posting this upsets me, anyway, thanks.

M

Mr. Friendly

Sure, there is somethings you can do, but trust me, it will take a lot of your time, money, and probably find yourself in a mental ward when finished. Look at who you're dealing with, the police. Here where I live, I've been told by the police that they can do whatever they want and they will keep doing whatever they want as long as I'm in their city. They seem to forget that they are employed by me, the public, and are a servant for me, the public. But because the cops have seen too many t.v. shows where cops are out busting mafia and murderers, they all want that kind of action, who wouldn't. Once they put on that badge and gun, they now think they're God... Well my advice to all cops, especially the ones in Auburn, WA, come Armmagedon, them and their families are going to be #1 targets cause paybacks are a bitch

K

kcdogg

Sec8, though I'm not an attorney, It would seem to me that you have a case. But some other details are missing, ie what transpired before your arrest, what were the charges and how big is you town? It seems to me that LEO'S (law enforcement officers) all over the nation have taken a position since 9/11 that they have unlimited powers. Let your lawyers handle the situation and hopefully all will work out, because they the police can say whatever they want to achieve their end. Check this site out

http://www.copwatch.com/

This will tell you if there are any other ccomplaints in your town

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">