• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violated in the park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug charron

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona i was with a friend we were in my brothers car all legal he had loaned it tome my friend my friend was driveing it was really ice a city park place u were allowed to be there so we parkede amd walked up tothe topof this smallhill and just ennjoying it after about 20 min we walk back to the car only to find a cop he had allready searched the car the windows were dow and he found weed imy purse thecar was compleatly legal my friend was a licensed driner what was the reasoning on probale cause there was noway to have found or seen parafinalia uless he went through our purses can he just come up ad see a purse iacar and search it with no o ne present but himself

justalayman

You carry a purse...doug?

while in jail please avail yourself of any opportunity to attend basic language skills development classes. Your writing is horrendous.

to probable cause: I guess you will have to wait to see what is presented in court.

PaulMass

The police cannot simply search any car they see. They must have probable cause to believe there is contraband or evidence of a crime in the car.

You can sue the police for violating your fourth amendment rights, but that's not likely to be worth the effort. You would have to show some form of damages (economic loss) to succeed.

If you were charged with a crime, and the evidence used against you was obtained as a result of the unlawful search, you may be able to have that evidence excluded from evidence.

justalayman

You can sue the police for violating your fourth amendment rights, but that's not likely to be worth the effort. You would have to show some form of damages (economic loss) to succeed.

Paul

<direction of travel <<<<< cart...horse

before anything, doug needs to find out what the police claim as probable cause. Only after that discovery will doug be able to determine if there was or was not probable cause to search the vehicle. Then, if there was no probable cause can doug begin to determine if the evidence obtained through an illegal search is able to be suppressed and excluded as evidence against him/her in an ensuing criminal prosecution against him/her.

single317dad

OP said nothing about being arrested or charged, so at this point Doug might just be mad that a cop went through his purse.

Perhaps the officer's report will contain some revelations.

justalayman

OP said nothing about being arrested or charged, so at this point Doug might just be mad that a cop went through his purse.

Perhaps the officer's report will contain some revelations.

well, a violation of one's civil rights does not require one to be charged with a crime for the violation to have occurred so, if doug is concerned about only the civil rights issue, arrest or filing of charges is irrelevant. It could be he is only seeking information with there not being any charges filed.

maybe doug is a troll and was simply bored and made every thing up.

who knows?

The Shadow knows. :D

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Perhaps the "purse" was being taken in for safe-keeping and was inventoried. After all, a "purse" sitting on the seat of a wide open car can be an invitation for criminal activity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">