• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kingricky777

What is the name of your state? south carolina

i was charged with burglary 1st in febuary i was released in march in general sessions court when the judge dropped it to burglary 3rd and sentenced me to 2 years probation. i gave 1 dirty urine sample (which he didnt violate me for) and i was behind in my fines. anyways the PO office generally closes at 7 which gave me sufficient time to get there after work. but on the next meeting date i went to his office and a note said that his office closes at 5. well i get off at 530 i later called him and he said he had to put a warrant on me. well i fled to my fathers house in louisianna. im going to turn myself in and i was wondering if i will get jail time considering he made no effort to alert me of the time change. also if it matters i was 17 at the time of the crime and im now im 18 i think im under some kinda youthful offender thing i was hoping maybe i could get my probation reinstated or something

Jayleeb21

More then likely they will see that it is your responsibility.. not your P.O.s I would contact the attorney who represented you...

kingricky777

another question

south carolina

hey i didnt have a lawyer i had a public defender but the most important question is do you think i will have to serve jail time or do u think they might reinstate or give me more probation time anything but jail again ugh....

hdianne

kingricky777 said:
south carolina

hey i didnt have a lawyer i had a public defender but the most important question is do you think i will have to serve jail time or do u think they might reinstate or give me more probation time anything but jail again ugh....
You have been given many chances to be on probation but obviously it isn't working for you and you will most likely get jail time. Talk to your public defender.

kingricky777

hmmm

south carolina
i wasnt given but one chance on probation and i messed it up being 17 with such enormous fines and have to go to school and having a few bills of my own is way too much to handle my bills plus probation are like 1000 a month how am i suppose to make that and be a full time student because part of my probation is to finish school. im going to turn myself in do you think they will go a lil less harsh on me

outonbail

No one has a crystal ball so there's no telling what will actually happen. Fleeing to Louisiana isn't going to help your situation any so I don't think I would use that particular description of why you went to visit your father when your addressing the court.

Best advice, hope for the best but make sure you prepare for the worst!

hdianne

kingricky777 said:
south carolina
i wasnt given but one chance on probation and i messed it up being 17 with such enormous fines and have to go to school and having a few bills of my own is way too much to handle my bills plus probation are like 1000 a month how am i suppose to make that and be a full time student because part of my probation is to finish school. im going to turn myself in do you think they will go a lil less harsh on me
I'm not trying to be mean but you had a dirty UA, missed seeing your PO and then left town. That is showing probation is not working for you. I'm on probation too and I can tell you they don't give a damn why you can't pay the fines. If you manage to get no jail time try asking the court if you can change your payment plan to where you pay less a month. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

kingricky777

dang!!!

well what is the consequences of violation of probation on burglary 3rd what is the max sentence and do you think i will get it i heard that since im under that youth thingy they wont go that bad on me

hdianne

kingricky777 said:
well what is the consequences of violation of probation on burglary 3rd what is the max sentence and do you think i will get it i heard that since im under that youth thingy they wont go that bad on me
I really don't know but I would think they could give you whatever the max sentence is for burglary 3rd. Hopefully they won't but I don't know......maybe someone else on here will know but I doubt it. I strongly urge you to call your public defender or attorney.

garrula lingua

Your Public Defender IS an attorney and probably a darn good one ---
s/he got you a GREAT sentence with that "youth thingy" probation.

You will get jail/prison when you turn yourself in. The longer you wait, the worse it will be on you.

I suggest you don't blame the Probation Officer for your screwing up.

Gee, maybe you should have gotten a 'real' lawyer and you would have already completed your jail time !

pmccrite

missouri

I have never heard of a youth thing, even if there were one, your nolonger 17 right? Didn't your po write down your next app? If you showed up when you were suppose to even if the door was locked it didn't matter, you would have showed up when you were told, you should have called your po from the front door,letting them know where you were and why, and there shouldn't have been any problem. But running definately will violate your probation. So if you didn't violate you have now. Your po will decide your fate
but running and hiding just makes them mad. I would expect jail time.

outonbail

being 17 with such enormous fines and have to go to school and having a few bills of my own is way too much to handle my bills plus probation are like 1000 a month how am i suppose to make that and be a full time student
It's going to be tough to get sympathy from the court using the "don't have enough money" excuse when you tested dirty. If you were so tight financially, how did you find the money to buy/use drugs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">