• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of restraining order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

montys

What is the name of your state? California.

-------------------------

Respected All,

I have restraining order from a lady. She has put charges on me and Judge gave us both 4 years of restraining order. Now she called few weeks back to tell me that she might be dropping her case. I picked up and attorney is suspecting that it might have been a violation of "restraining order".. I am confused as to how is this violation from my side when other party has called me on my personal mobile phone?

Please help...

Regards,

CdwJava

If the protected party calls you, hang up the phone. Do not engage her in conversation, just hang up.

If the police call you, you can either tell them the truth of what happened, or respectfully decline to speak to them until you have the benefit of legal counsel. Of course, NOT telling them your side will leave them with ONLY the other half of the equation and this could result in a mandatory arrest.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">