• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of Restraining Order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doubledown21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Good Afternoon,

I have a restraining order that started in August 2014.
The other day, I opened up an email client on my computer that I haven't used since July. It defaulted to my draft folder and a drafted email showed up on my screen.
The email address on it was the husband of the woman that put the restraining order on me.
I was having an affair with a married woman and after an argument in July, I showed her that I had her husband's email address and was going to email him all of our conversations and such.

Anyways, when I saw this drafted email a couple of days ago still on my screen, I hit the incorrect icon. I hit the "send" icon instead of the "new" icon.

The email did not have a subject in it, nor did it have anything in the body of the email. It was just blank.

A couple of days later, I was taken in cuffs and brought to the police station. I will have to appear in court in a few weeks.

What is the best case scenario and worst case scenario? I will be getting an attorney but we won't be meeting until after New Years and I'm just a little anxious to see what can possibly happen or not happen to me.

Thanks

TigerD

NJ
I have a restraining order

(I violated the restraining order)

A couple of days later, I was taken in cuffs and brought to the police station. I will have to appear in court in a few weeks.

What is the best case scenario and worst case scenario?

Thanks
Best case: They tell you to knock it off.
Worst case: Pack your toothbrush.

But let's be honest, you are practicing stories to see if it is believable. Your story is plausible - but not believable.
You need to talk to your attorney and no one else.

TD

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">