• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of restraining order and arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ruteger

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

Three years ago, I violated a RO by entering my apt and going to bed (was drinking too much before the cops served the RO)! Of course, I was arrested and the outcome of the case was a fine of $400. This was my first and only offense.

My ex-wife never showed up for the court appearances to contest the restraining order (as they were false statements).

Nevertheless, I have been told by my attorney at the time, that there is no chance for an expungement of my arrest record because this is not a criminal offense. But, I don't want this incident to show up on an employment background check.

Would it be worth my time to write a personal letter to the judge and plead for this arrest to removed?

P.S. I assume that records of arrest will show up on a standard background check?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">