• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Virginia Drunk in public, Underage posession of alcohol and identity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewtaylor2001

What is the name of your state? Virginia
My daughter was out drinking the other night and got a ride home with a guy. The guy was pulled over because of loud exhaust pipes and given and flunked a breathalyser. The police officer smalled beer on my daughters breath and asked her if she had been drinking, she replied that she had. They then searched her purse and found a fake id card. My question is
1. How could it be drunk in public if she was in an automobile.
2. Was the search of her purse legal?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Virginia
My daughter was out drinking the other night and got a ride home with a guy. The guy was pulled over because of loud exhaust pipes and given and flunked a breathalyser. The police officer smalled beer on my daughters breath and asked her if she had been drinking, she replied that she had. They then searched her purse and found a fake id card. My question is
1. How could it be drunk in public if she was in an automobile.
2. Was the search of her purse legal?
:eek:
THIS is what you're worried about?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

Sheesh.

The Occultist

I have to agree with Silverplum here. Your daughter was drunk in public, allowed a drunk individual to drive her home, and all you're concerned about are whether she was rightly charged/searched?

Did your daughter give permission to the search? I bet she did.

ewtaylor2001

Thank you for your concern but I took care of the "other things" I do not need nor would I seek here any parenting advice. So please stick to the legal advice and leave the parenting to others more qualified. Thanks for the legal advice I think I will contact a lawyer and see what she has to say. By the way my daughter was within 5 days of turning 21....

moburkes

Thank you for your concern but I took care of the "other things" I do not need nor would I seek here any parenting advice. So please stick to the legal advice and leave the parenting to others more qualified. Thanks for the legal advice I think I will contact a lawyer and see what she has to say. By the way my daughter was within 5 days of turning 21....
I hope your daughter doesn't follow in your footsteps.

Silverplum

Nonsense. IF you "took care" of the handling of your daughter's issues, you would NOT be here trying to get her out of any trouble. Certainly you would not be enabling her to blame someone else for her criminally stupid actions.

I did enjoy your phrase, "and leave the parenting to others more qualified."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny lady. Looking for free help. Insulting the free help. Smart lady. :rolleyes:

ewtaylor2001

Nonsense. IF you "took care" of the handling of your daughter's issues, you would NOT be here trying to get her out of any trouble. Certainly you would not be enabling her to blame someone else for her criminally stupid actions.

I did enjoy your phrase, "and leave the parenting to others more qualified."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny lady. Looking for free help. Insulting the free help. Smart lady. :rolleyes:
lol make partner yet??? I thought not but who cares if you have to sacrifice your family they will understand. You guys crack me up
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">