+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    hearmenow is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    Visiting Porno sites illegal?

    What is the name of your state? The Caribbean

    I have a question. Let's say that I visited quite a few porno sites. I want to know if that is illegal or can they arrest you for something like that.

    Please respond soon - it's on my mind.

    Thanks
  2. #2
    panzertanker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Subclavian insertion...
    Posts
    2,373
    Quote Originally Posted by hearmenow
    What is the name of your state? The Caribbean

    I have a question. Let's say that I visited quite a few porno sites. I want to know if that is illegal or can they arrest you for something like that.

    Please respond soon - it's on my mind.

    Thanks
    Since when is "the Caribbean" a state????
    I have noticed that even intelligent people ask assinine questions every now and again.
    Disclaimer: I know a few lawyers. None of them is named panzertanker.
  3. #3
    hearmenow is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3

    It's not...

    It's not a state! but that does not limit me to wanting to know the answer. They have police here too you know!
  4. #4
    MandyD is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    451
    I guess you missed the large letters that read US Law Only.
  5. #5
    rmet4nzkx is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    17,787
    RULE OF THUMB:
    If you have to ask, don't do it!
  6. #6
    gmcgann is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74
    It's not illegal, assuming three things.

    1. You are of legal age to view such material.
    2. The material itselt is not illegal, for example, not child pornography.
    3. You are a resident of the United States or it's territories or posessions. If you're in the Turks & Caicos you're on your own.
  7. #7
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcgann
    It's not illegal
    Your post is NOT a valid response, since you have NO idea what laws apply in this case!!

    How can you accurately give ANY advice without knowing the laws, or jurisdiction, that will apply??
  8. #8
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    14,133
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcgann
    It's not illegal, assuming three things.
    Porn is illegal in many countries. In countries such as Saudi Arabia, viewing something as minor as a woman's breast can land you in jail for years. And the Caribbean is a big place and there are 17 independent nations that are located in that body of water.


    [Beavis/]Hehehe, I said breast.[Beavis]
    If you feel my answer is rude, mean, snarky or in anyway not to your liking, I did my job. You don't need to tell me.

    No private messages, I do not reply to them.
  9. #9
    gmcgann is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74
    For a legal forum, it stikes me as strange that so many people don't read the post they are replying to. This forum is for US law. Someone posted a question. My response said it's not illegal if three conditions are met, the third being: "You are a resident of the United States or it's territories or posessions." My post is now criticized for not knowing which country the person lives in.

    Which part of number 3 did you not understand?
  10. #10
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcgann
    Which part of number 3 did you not understand?
    Lets see... where did you screw up??
    First, in responding at all.... since the writer clearly said "The Caribbean"!!
    Second, in giving him TWO answers (that don't apply anyway.... since you don't know WHERE he is or what laws MIGHT APPLY)!!!
    Third, in 'shading' your third answer in passive tense.... that the writer clearly can't follow!! (After all, he didn't even realize that "The Caribbean" is NOT in the USA!).

    Don't piss me off, skippy!!
  11. #11
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    "Harvey and Me"
    Posts
    25,173
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcgann
    Which part of number 3 did you not understand?
    What part of "Don't piss me off Skippy" don't YOU understand ???
  12. #12
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    38,165
    Quote Originally Posted by hearmenow

    It's not a state! but that does not limit me to wanting to know the answer. They have police here too you know!

    My response:

    Oh, THAT was a bright answer! Can anybody, or can everybody, tell our writer where he went wrong with that logic?

    IAAL
  13. #13
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    "Harvey and Me"
    Posts
    25,173
    Quote Originally Posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE
    My response:

    Oh, THAT was a bright answer! Can anybody, or can everybody, tell our writer where he went wrong with that logic?

    IAAL
    I'd rather tell our writer WHERE to go PERIOD!
  14. #14
    gmcgann is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by JETX
    Lets see... where did you screw up??
    First, in responding at all.... since the writer clearly said "The Caribbean"!!
    Second, in giving him TWO answers (that don't apply anyway.... since you don't know WHERE he is or what laws MIGHT APPLY)!!!
    Third, in 'shading' your third answer in passive tense.... that the writer clearly can't follow!! (After all, he didn't even realize that "The Caribbean" is NOT in the USA!).

    Don't piss me off, skippy!!
    "The Caribbean" is not a state or even a specific location. I gave him an answer and clearly stated that is was predicated on his being in a part of the Caribbean that is part of the US or it's territories and possessions. That includes Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. Johns.

    If the writer meets all three of the conditions that I stated, then it is legal. If he does not meet all three, then the answer is unknown.

    Perhaps you should have paid attention in geography class.
  15. #15
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    "Harvey and Me"
    Posts
    25,173
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcgann
    "The Caribbean" is not a state or even a specific location. I gave him an answer and clearly stated that is was predicated on his being in a part of the Caribbean that is part of the US or it's territories and possessions. That includes Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. Johns.

    If the writer meets all three of the conditions that I stated, then it is legal. If he does not meet all three, then the answer is unknown.

    Perhaps you should have paid attention in geography class.
    I suggest you put a sock in it right now. Otherwise, you may wait a long time before receiving any further help for YOUR issues.

Similar Threads

  1. Illegal web sites
    By wwindspor in forum Other Crimes Federal and State
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:51 AM
  2. What should i consider when opening a porno website.
    By Unknown_Mode in forum Computers / Software & Internet Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
  3. Porno fine line?
    By TreDub in forum Sports / Arts / Entertainment Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:44 PM
  4. Porno
    By rottdawg in forum Other Crimes Federal and State
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2002, 12:26 PM
  5. Porno in the office
    By hrt2hrt in forum Job Discrimination and Harassment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2001, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.