• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VOP from 1990, need some help resolving**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lleno

What is the name of your state? Delaware
Hello everyone, hopefully someone can help me, I have an probation violation warrant out of califrnia that is 18 years old. I was convicted of a marijuana charge, and sentenced to 4 years, of which I served 1 year, the other 3 suspended pending probation completion. Is ther any way I can have this warrant quashed, or have the probation reinstated where I currently live?? As i said this is from 1990, and I have had no felony convictions since. I'd really like to get this resolved. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!! thank you, L:)

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Transferring probation is a possibility but it is at the discretion of your probation officer and the department you wish it to be transferred to. Usually not too much of a problem if you are in good standing, but when you've absconded, they're not predisposed to be nice to you. You need to go settle things with your original department. It's quite possible your probation was terminated and they want you back to finish your suspended sentence.

The term is QUASH by the way, meaning to annul, term comes from the old French and Latin.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">