• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

VOP hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inYEScent

Michigan
Good Morning,
I am scheduled to have a violation of probation hearing for a MDOP with delayed sentencing. I failed to comply with the terms of my probation (work program and failure to pay fines and costs) I posted bond while being detained for an unrelated matter. My question is should I expect jail time being as I have absconded for over a year? This is my first MDOP but not my first charge ever (haven't had any criminal offenses in 10yrs) the judge issued me a bond at my initial hearing due to nonpayment of a traffic ticket in the same city. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

quincy

Michigan
Good Morning,
I am scheduled to have a violation of probation hearing for a MDOP with delayed sentencing. I failed to comply with the terms of my probation (work program and failure to pay fines and costs) I posted bond while being detained for an unrelated matter. My question is should I expect jail time being as I have absconded for over a year? This is my first MDOP but not my first charge ever (haven't had any criminal offenses in 10yrs) the judge issued me a bond at my initial hearing due to nonpayment of a traffic ticket in the same city. Any advice or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
My advice is to have an attorney accompany you to the show-cause hearing.

At the hearing, and if you have no support from your probation officer, there is a good chance that the judge will resentence you. Depending on your original offense, you could be headed off to jail at the end of the hearing.

Here is a link to the law: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ms3pvjqn0mexxqvv30jf4dzw))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-771-3

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">