• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wanting to expunge a past mistake!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shiba1217

What is the name of your state? Indiana / Where can I go to get the paperwork for a friend that committed a felony 30 years ago. He called one of those free advice lines and the lawyer said that he could do the paperwork himself. I was just wondering where to go to get that paperwork? The lawyer called it a PCR? Any help would be appreciated!

Happy Trails

shiba1217 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana / Where can I go to get the paperwork for a friend that committed a felony 30 years ago. He called one of those free advice lines and the lawyer said that he could do the paperwork himself. I was just wondering where to go to get that paperwork? The lawyer called it a PCR? Any help would be appreciated!
Indiana expungement

Edit to add: PCR = post-conviction relief

Last edited:

Heather2

shiba1217 said:
You can get the package here:
http://freeadvice.com/legalforms/index.php
Just type in expunge and your state.

shiba1217

Help!

I've been reading up on this subject and have found no convictions can be expunged in the state of Indiana. Does anybody know for a fact that this is true? Any help would be appreciated.

fairisfair

ENASNI said:
Um... yeah it looks like your friend is out of luck. Indiana is pretty strict.

http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar38/ch5.html

Sorry Charlie.
My state does not have an expungement provision in law at all. Supposedly, criminal records stay on a person’s record until they reach age 99. But they have the authority in court to do something called "setting aside" which has basically the same effect. Maybe that would be possible???

ENASNI

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">