• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warantless Probation Searches WA state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rondible

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was on unsupervised probation on a misdemenor Marujuana possesion charge. less than 40grams...Plead guilty to Attempted possesion of Pariphinelia....i was given a conditionaly defered sentence....one condition was rehab....I was discharged form that around week 3 or "treatment" , the counselor stated she believed i had mental health issues which needed to be addressesd first. Ive since gotten a mental health eval saying im schizophrenic and that this condition takes precedence in my case....Today the gudge changed my probation from unsupervised to Active...supervised probation. The Judge stipulated that my probation was free of charge and was to help find the resources i need to seek treatment for my psychological "troubles..."
My Question to all of you is....do you anticipate I will be required to submit to random drug testing?
Do I have any expectation of privacy within my home. I understand I may have to sign off on allowing warantless searches....would i become subject to Random searches of my property with no cause to beleive my activity is illegal. do you know if washington state conducts random warantless searches of probationers....
Im having trouble getting right at it...
What is the likeli hood my house will be searched?
if it is searched for no other reason than i am on probation do I have a case to defend myself against that search ,....
I beleive my right to privacy is diminished but not completely null and void...I could reasonably claim such a search is a violation of my fourth amendment rights? or am i dreaming?
thank you

seniorjudge

rondible said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I was on unsupervised probation on a misdemenor Marujuana possesion charge. less than 40grams...Plead guilty to Attempted possesion of Pariphinelia....i was given a conditionaly defered sentence....one condition was rehab....I was discharged form that around week 3 or "treatment" , the counselor stated she believed i had mental health issues which needed to be addressesd first. Ive since gotten a mental health eval saying im schizophrenic and that this condition takes precedence in my case....Today the gudge changed my probation from unsupervised to Active...supervised probation. The Judge stipulated that my probation was free of charge and was to help find the resources i need to seek treatment for my psychological "troubles..."
My Question to all of you is....do you anticipate I will be required to submit to random drug testing?
Do I have any expectation of privacy within my home. I understand I may have to sign off on allowing warantless searches....would i become subject to Random searches of my property with no cause to beleive my activity is illegal. do you know if washington state conducts random warantless searches of probationers....
Im having trouble getting right at it...
What is the likeli hood my house will be searched?
if it is searched for no other reason than i am on probation do I have a case to defend myself against that search ,....
I beleive my right to privacy is diminished but not completely null and void...I could reasonably claim such a search is a violation of my fourth amendment rights? or am i dreaming?
thank you

Q: My Question to all of you is....do you anticipate I will be required to submit to random drug testing?

A: Yes.

Q: Do I have any expectation of privacy within my home.

A: No or anywhere else for that matter.

Q: I understand I may have to sign off on allowing warantless searches.

A: Wrong; you don't have to sign off on anything. The judge will tell you what you have to do (and that is listen to every word your officer tells you and follow it strictly).

Q: ...would i become subject to Random searches of my property with no cause to beleive my activity is illegal.

Q: do you know if washington state conducts random warantless searches of probationers....

Q: What is the likeli hood my house will be searched?

A: Excellent.

Q: if it is searched for no other reason than i am on probation do I have a case to defend myself against that search ,....

A: No.

Q: I beleive my right to privacy is diminished but not completely null and void.

A: Your beliefs are not only wrong, but also immaterial and irrelevant.

Q: ...I could reasonably claim such a search is a violation of my fourth amendment rights?

A: Not even close; the fourth amendment has nothing to do with your situation.

Q: or am i dreaming?

A: You are dreaming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">