• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

feelingharassed

What is the name of your state? i am from new jersey. my husband was arrested in 2000 for sale of marijuana to a confidential informant & possession of a weapon resulting in a raid on my residence. bail is set in the wee hrs of the morning for $15,000 cash because of a previous weapons conviction. i call in a bail bond. husband gets a lawyer, shows for all court appearances, ruling of jail time. date to turn himself in is set. family member dies, notifies court, given a postponement. shows for postponement late & is kept. sees judge 6 days later, pleads a hardship, released on own recog...pending pymt of a fine in nearby twp. done & new date is given to turn himself in. wife is pregnant & needs surgery to prevent preterm labor to save child. notifies court, does not get new date, does not go to jail. contacts court months later, advises to speak w/ lawyer, does not go to jail. months later picked up on traffic violations & warrants, sees judge for above, starts jail time. incarcerated 6 months & "fugitive task force"(no local uniform cop w/) shows at my residence at 1:45am in search of husband. traumatizes 2 yr old & infant, inform them of his incarceration, made apology & leave. leave no paperwork, no warrant, no business card, no name, no contact number, nothing. only say they will be in touch w/ me by 11am & verify name & phone number. i'm so surprised, startled, shocked, scared & it's 2am, i dont ask for any of that information. i know STUPID me. i go to local police station, ask for any information, they have no knowledge of "ftu" coming for a warrant. i call bond co, wet out of business, no forwarding number. i call ins co holding bond, no answer, no answering machine, no automated nothing. what rights do i have?:confused: how do i get more info?:confused: whats my next step?:confused: do i have a harassment suit?:confused:

B

badtenant

Harrassment for WHAT?

you hubby is a CONVICT, A LOSER, and needs to be right where he is....in JAIL.

So this is the man you CHOSE to have another baby with then SUFFER the consequences of not using protection, and not getting a divorce!

Son of Slam

feelingharassed said:
.... date to turn himself in is set....., given a postponement. shows for postponement late ... released on own recog.....new date is given to turn himself in. .... does not get new date, does not go to jail. contacts court months later, ....does not go to jail. months later picked up starts jail time. ............

do i have a harassment suit?

:rolleyes:

W

whitnessforhim

Why don't you start reading the law for yourself as every American is obligated to do and stop relying on lawyers who are out for money only to put you down with thier OPINIONS instead of giving you actual facts and learn how defend yourself in any situation.....KNOWLEDGE IS FREEDOM

H

hexeliebe

Good advice witnessforhim, you should take it yourself then you'd know whether driving is a right or a priviledge. :D

W

whitnessforhim

Well I have taken my own advice...thats why i know that traveling is a Constitutional right not anything a corporation or the legislature can regulate, take away nor infringe upon.
I know that the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land just underneath our Creator. I know that you can't go to jail for a non-jailable offense and I know that the transportation code (which governs all traffic offenses) was created by the legislature and can only at least regulate that which is regulatable by the legislature....COMMERCE!!!
So keep on truckin lady and read your Constitution, your states Penal Code....Its codes of criminal procedures and take care of your own business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">