• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbmbr

What is the name of your state?california

i missed a court date in a neighboring county and a bench warrant was issued. How long does it take for it to become active and will the cops in my county know about it right away also???

CdwJava

bbmbr said:
What is the name of your state?california

i missed a court date in a neighboring county and a bench warrant was issued. How long does it take for it to become active and will the cops in my county know about it right away also???
It will become active the same day. Whether it gets entered into the county warrant system and/or NCIC right away really depends on how busy your county's court clerks are.

If this was MY part of CA the officers in the neighboring county might be notified immediately. Otherwise, they wouldn't come looking for you until you get stopped or until the issuing agency or court called them to go hook you up.

You never know.

So, it is in your interest to clear the matter up immediately!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">