• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjgtex

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri. a 5th degree theft warrent i think has been issued for me out of iowa. i live in missouri and the city that issued it is 3 counties away from me. can they serve the warrent here? the amount i think is $185. i dont wanna just drive up there. an officer is asking me to come up there to issue me a summins to goto court. does that sound right??

Is it a lot better for you to pay the $185 fine and have this part of your life over with, rather than to have this hanging over your head for what may seem like an eternity?

If you can afford to pay the fine, I suggest to do so and get this cleared up, unless you can prove this to be untrue, and you want to drive up there and have the warrant served on you, meaning you're arrested and given the opportunity to bail out, and then have to return at a later date to answer on the charge.

Which is better for you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">