• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tclarencet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia i was placed on probation for operating a 4 wheeler with a suspended license.after completeing 3 months of a 12 month probation term i lost my job and couldnt afford my fines so i quit seeing my probation officer.the probation period has expired and i am curious if i have an active probation warrent.i think its horse**** that i got probation for driving a 4 wheeler in the 1st place

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia i was placed on probation for operating a 4 wheeler with a suspended license.after completeing 3 months of a 12 month probation term i lost my job and couldnt afford my fines so i quit seeing my probation officer.the probation period has expired and i am curious if i have an active probation warrent.i think its horse**** that i got probation for driving a 4 wheeler in the 1st place
I suggest that you stop a local law enforcement officer and ask her or him if you currently have a warrant.

dave33

Maybe have a warrant for the fines. Also they can issue a technical violation. They also could have done that because you stopped. There is the off chance you were on unsupervised probation, therefore no tech. warrant would exist. Only fines. Only way to be sure is call the court clerk. Just my opinion.

FlyingRon

I'm not sure he was on unsupervised probation. His original statement says he quit going to his PO (sounds pretty supervised to me).

Not being able to pay is one thing, absconding is another. You can probably rest assured that the thing didn't just go away.

Indiana Filer

I'm not sure he was on unsupervised probation. His original statement says he quit going to his PO (sounds pretty supervised to me).

Not being able to pay is one thing, absconding is another. You can probably rest assured that the thing didn't just go away.
As a PO, I gotta agree with Ron. We can work out payment plans with probationers if they are willing to put forth effort. If they take off, we ask the Court to issue warrants for their arrest. The OP needs to hunt up the money to pay off the fines, and to hire a lawyer to represent him on the Petition to Revoke Probation that was filed in 2007.

Oh, and the probation period has not expired. Once he took off and that PTR was filed, the probation period was tolled, or stopped running. He still owes 9 months of probation. The PO will probably recommend the jail sentence be executed, and that the person go to jail to serve the sentence. I would if he were on my client list.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">