• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sirsanta

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

arrest warrant on Order of Protection violation? PErson accused of calling and sending texts. does anyone know what type of warrant? ie: violation of Order of protection or would it be harrassment? can I find out through FOIA?

sirsanta

someone asked me, so I thought I would like to know and should find out. Can I do that through foia?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

arrest warrant on Order of Protection violation? PErson accused of calling and sending texts. does anyone know what type of warrant? ie: violation of Order of protection or would it be harrassment? can I find out through FOIA?
If you are interested in finding out what an arrest warrant was issued for (or for finding out if there IS an arrest warrant), you can call the public information office of the agency you think holds the records (the issuing agency).

Although it is possible to file an FOI request with the agency - records made available for inspection include pretty much everything that is recorded in a physical form (documents, papers, reports, letters, films, photographs, sound recordings, databases, computer disks) - if your friend merely wants to know if the arrest warrant was issued for violating a personal protection order or for harassment, the odds (as HighwayMan said) are good that your friend's warrant was issued for harassing his victim IN violation of the protection order.

Your friend can look over the Order to see what he was prohibited from doing. If he was prohibited from having any contact at all with the victim, the calls and texts would be considered contact. When your friend is arrested (as he might have been by now), he is sure to find out for what he was arrested, though. The police will tell him. He should then, if he hasn't already, contact an attorney to help him with his defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">