• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for Disorderly Person/Failed to Appear in Court/ How Bond Works

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Catnip 0_o

City,State: Eastpointe, MI
Charge: In Park after Hours

I am not going to get into detail as to why I got this ticket, rather I just have a few questions about the warrant that I now have.

On the warrant listed online, the warrant says this:

SUPPLEMENTAL SENTENCING $ 85.00 RGS
BLD2 $ 10.00 RGS
WARRANT FEE $ 75.00 RGS
MISCELLANEOUS ACTION ALL COUNTS RGS
CASH/SURETY/10% CASH RGS
BOND SET $ 2500.00 091511 RGS

Does this mean that I only have to pay the fees and not the bond set ($2500) or do I have to pay all of it?
Also it says that the bond set is $2500, do I have to pay that in full or is it just 10% of the $2500 plus the other fees?
When I pay off the warrant, is it cleared off my record?

Thank You

FlyingRon

The bond is $2500, but they'll let you out if you pay $250. However, if you don't show, you not only lose the $250, but they can come after you for the other $2250.
Sometimes they'll let you out on a large, even unsecured bail. You put up nothing to get out, but as my friend the judge says, it gives someone an incentive to go looking for you if you don't show.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">